Tuesday 12 November 2013

Digital Graphics for Print | Production Log [Update 2]

05/11/13 - 12/11/13
Since last week I have started to think up my own designs for bus advertisements. Originally I planned created some simple designs using various characters from cult television shows on the side of the bus, with the BBC Cult logo placed on the design.

Doctor Who

With the Doctor Who design, the original image was only the width of the Doctor himself, I had to use the clone stamp tool in Adobe Photoshop in order to create the spacial background and extend it down the length of the bus. I didn't encounter any problems with this, other than occasionally I cloned David Tennant's head by accident, however this design worked rather well overall. This design has the BBC Cult logo at the far left of the bus, to show just what the Doctor is advertising.













Sherlock

As with the Doctor Who design, I extended a small image of Sherlock Holmes and John Watson to fill the entire area. The original image just showed Sherlock and Watson stood in front of a cityscape background, with murky colds covering it. I again used the clone stamp tool to extend the clouds. The problem I encountered with this was the clouds didn't extend very well; they ended up looking rather blurry and didn't blend with the rest of the image. This one again has the BBC Cult logo at the left of the bust to fit with the other designs.













Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The final design I did with this layout was for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., in which I used a poster advertising the show. The original poster was only the length of all the Agents, from Skye to Grant Ward. There was a slight bit of background next to Skye's head that I could use to extend it across the length of the bus, again using the clone stamp tool. This one again has the BBC Cult logo at the left of the bust to fit with the other designs, with the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. logo next to it.















The Walking Dead

Another design I tried was using the doors from the first episode of The Walking Dead that say "Don't Open Dead Inside" on them. I placed an image of the doors on the bus doors, however I had to squash it so it would fit. If I were to choose to make this design, I would re-draw the image in proportion with the bus doors.






Hand-drawn Designs

After producing some designs in Photoshop, I went on to do 2 hand-drawn designs. I was given a design sheet with bus template faintly on them.

On the first bus, I simply coloured it in blue and wrote "POLICE Public Call BUS" on the side. This bus represents the TARDIS from Doctor Who.

The second design is a hand-drawn idea which will include various video game characters sat on chairs on the side of the bus.

I thought of this idea to represent cult entertainment not just being tied to television and movies. By including characters from video games it shows how BBC Cult is going to incorporate every aspect of cult entertainment.


























No comments:

Post a Comment